June 30, 2006

Transformers, more than meets the eye...

if you were a small child in the eighties (like i obviously was), you probably grew up watching a tv show called Transformers. i know i did. i was in love with the show. even now, years later, i can think back on it fondly.

when i was a kid, my brother and i used to worship the Transformers. we would watch it religiously and argue over the relative merits of optimus prime and his cohorts. i even remember my brother once saying (when my mom refused to buy us a particular transformers toy), "when i grow up and have money, i'm going to buy EVERY transformers toy there is." i remember thinking to myself, "that's a pretty good idea. when mike buys all of them, i can come over and play with them after work." somehow when i hit the age of 22 and started making some actual money, the thought of going out and buying every available transformers toy didn't really appeal to me.

i swear, when i saw the link http://www.transformersmovie.com/ a few minutes ago, my eyes opened wide and i mouthed the word 'wow.' and that was without even clicking on the link. i don't know if the movie will actually live up to the expectations in my head. after all, there's something gloriously wonderful about the colorful robots that a live action film just might not be able to encompass. but for now, i'm giddy over the thought of the movie anyway. hmm, maybe i should make a run to the toy store this weekend. somehow i think my salary could buy me a lot of these. hmm...

Blogged with Flock

2 Comments:

At 6/30/2006 09:06:00 AM, Blogger Jack Chou said...

best wikipedia entry EVER

 
At 7/01/2006 11:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have saved every Transformer toy I've ever owned. You can come over and check them out some time. Better yet, you can similate a classic autobot vs. decepticon battle. Unfortunately, I think the autobots are outnumbered about 5:1.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home